Skip to main content

Best mathematician in the world

Whitephilip blog

Nov 6, 2018 6:43 AM

Have you ever thought of mathematics as an essential part of our lives? There is no doubt everything is possible now due to the persistent hard work of many genius minds. You can find them in any scientific sphere because they collaborate with each other every day to make your life more comfortable. Mathematics is undoubtedly important in every aspect of science and technology. Continue reading to know the best mathematician in the world and what he is famous for!

Mathematics is a very ancient science and most of its theories and rules were found many years ago by famous world mathematicians, such as David Hilbert, Joseph-Louis Lagrange, Pythagoras, Fibonacci, Carl Friedrich Gauss, Alan Turing, Issac Newton, and some others. Nevertheless, it is a developing science as well, so there are some new names you are about to know. So, what is the name of the best mathematician in the world nowadays? Let’s see!

Who is the best mathematician in the world today?

Photo: successstory.com

Terence Tao is known to be one of the greatest mathematicians in our days. This man was born in 1975 to the family of pediatrician and mathematician. He is the oldest child and has two younger brothers. At the age of 2, his parents noticed he was slightly different from the other children of the same age. He was called a prodigy child due to his many achievements, as well as being the youngest medal winner at the International Mathematical Olympiad.

Being an eleven-old child, Terence started taking classes at Flinders Universityin Adelaide. And at the age of fourteen, he already obtained bachelor’s degree in 1991 and Master's Degree in August 1992. In 1996, he got his doctorate for the thesis “ Three regularity results in harmonic analysis.” And since that year he began to publish research papers.

The first four papers written by Terrence Tao are:

"Weak-type endpoint bounds for Riesz means"; (with Andrew C Millard)"On the structure of projective group representations in quaternionic Hilbert space";"On the almost everywhere convergence of wavelet summation methods";"Convolution operators on Lipschitz graphs with harmonic kernels."

This talented man has already significantly contributed to the mathematics and has won many awards. One of them was a Fields Medal “for his contributions to partial differential equations, combinatorics, harmonic analysis, and additive number theory."

Photo: www.ima.umn.edu

Other prizes and awards he has received include: the Salem Prize (2000); the Bôcher Memorial Prize from the American Mathematical Society (2002); the Clay Research Award from the Clay Mathematical Institute (2003); the Levi L Conant Award from the American Mathematical Society (2005); the Australian Mathematical Society Medal (2005); the ISAAC Award from the International Society of Analysis, its Application and Computation (2005); the SASTRA Ramanujan Prize (2006); the Fields Medal (2006); the Ostrowski Prize from the Ostrowski Foundation (2007); the Alan T Waterman Award from the National Science Foundation (2008); the Onsager Medal (2008); the Information Theory Society Paper Award (2008); the Convocation Award from Flinders University Alumni Association (2008); the King Faisal International Prize (Mathematics) (2010); the Nemmers Prize in Mathematics from Northwestern University (2010); and the George Polya Prize from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (2010).

inRead invented by Teads

Photo: www.zimbio.com

Terence has written or collaborated in writing the next works:

"A 2-volume textbook Analysis";"Nonlinear dispersive equations";"Solving mathematical problems";"Additive combinatorics";"Structure and randomness. Pages from year one of a mathematical blog";"Poincaré's legacies, pages from year two of a mathematical blog Part I and Part II";"An epsilon of room, I: real analysis. Pages from year three of a mathematical blog".

Thus, being a genius mathematician, he was compared with Mozart, since “mathematics just flows out of him.”

Terence Tao is for sure the best living mathematician, but have you ever wondered who would be the best mathematician ever lived? Do not know still? Then read it out.

The best mathematician ever lived

No one would deny Archimedes to be considered the best mathematician ever lived. He made advances in number theory, algebra, and analysis, but is mostly known for his theorems of plane and solid geometry. He also proved Heron's formula for the triangle area, opened a way to trisect an arbitrary angle, and determine the parabolic section area.

Archimedes was an astronomer, as well as one of the most significant mechanists. He invented Archimedes' Principle of hydrostatics, the compound pulley, the hydraulic screw-pump, a miniature planetarium, and several war machines.

Archimedes books include: "Floating Bodies", "Spirals", "The Sand Reckoner", "Measurement of the Circle", 'Sphere and Cylinder", "Plane Equilibriums", "Conoids and Spheroids", "Quadrature of Parabola", "The Book of Lemmas", "The Method".

These are two the greatest mathematicians in the world, whose time are centuries apart but have contributed significantly towards the development of mathematics.

See all

Report a problem

132dislike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten