Skip to main content

Chewing gum affect student

Required Steps to Develop the Independent Study Structure
Building an Independent Study Course requires three steps to be completed:
1. Develop a goal statement for what the student hopes to accomplish and the purpose of
the independent study.
2. Select and/or develop learning objectives related to the goal statement.
3. Develop a timetable for implementation of activities and completion of course
requirements.
STEP 1. Write a goal statement/purpose of Independent study.
Write a brief description of the background, experience and strengths the student brings to the
topic/focus area. Identify the goals for your education by explaining what you hope to gain in terms
of knowledge, skills, personal and professional contacts, and other experiences while in the
Independent Study Course. Use the Independent Study Form attached.
STEP 2. List course learning objectives.
List objectives by using broad statements describing what the student is going to achieve. List each
objective and/or learning activity in the plan and note the numbers of the competencies the student is
expected to meet through specific learning activities.
STEP 3. Develop a timetable and plan.
Develop a plan for the Independent Study Course that the student can follow to include what the
student is expected to do and produce and dates for completion and submission. List the types of
activities/assignments that the student will be completing during the semester, as well as grading
components that may include papers or presentations.
Like 1  Dislike 0  Quote  Follow
delibee
9 hours ago
Abstract
RATIONALE:
Recent research suggests that chewing gum may increase alertness and lead to changes in cognitive performance. The present study examined effects of chewing gum on these functions within the context of a single study.
OBJECTIVES:
This study had four main aims. The first was to examine whether chewing gum improved learning and memory of information in a story. The second aim was to determine whether chewing gum improved test performance on a validated intellectual task (the Alice Heim task). A third aim was to determine whether chewing gum improved performance on short memory tasks (immediate and delayed recall of a list of words, delayed recognition memory, retrieval from semantic memory, and a working memory task). The final aim was to determine whether chewing gum improved mood (alertness, calm and hedonic tone).
SUBJECTS AND METHODS:
A cross-over design was used with gum and no-gum sessions being on consecutive weeks. In each week, volunteers attended for two sessions, two days apart. The first session assessed mood, immediate recall of information from a story and performance on short memory tasks. The second session assessed mood, delayed recall of information from a story and performance of an intelligence test (the Alice Heim test).
RESULTS:
There were no significant effects of chewing gum on any aspect of recall of the story. Chewing gum improved the accuracy of performing the Alice Heim test which confirms the benefits of gum on test performance seen in an earlier study. Chewing gum had no significant effect on the short memory tasks. Chewing gum increased alertness at the end of the test session in both parts of the study. This effect was in the region of a 10% increase and was highly significant (P < 0.001).
CONCLUSIONS:
The results of this study showed that chewing gum increases alertness. In contrast, no significant effects of chewing gum were observed in the memory tasks. Intellectual performance was improved in the gum condition. Overall, the results suggest further research on the alerting effects of chewing gum and possible improved test performance in these situations.
Like 1  Dislike 0  Quote  Follow
Ask Your Own Question
Quick Questions
Is Bayelsa State among the ELDS? Thank you? Answer this
0 Answers · University of Ibadan · 5 minutes ago
Pls myschool I subscribed for myschool CBT app today in order to get activation code but I haven't received any...
Answer this
1 Answers · University of Abuja · 3 hours ago
Has the post utme cut off mark for the various departments in fuoye been published? Answer this
1 Answers · Federal University, Oye-ekiti · 2 hours ago
See More School-Based Question

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten