Skip to main content

BERNARD DIOMEDE | From Auxerre | £3m | 2010



  1. Bernard Diomede is a World Cup winner. For anyone who saw him play for Liverpool, that was a more difficult concept than the 'Theory of Relativity' to get one's head around.
    However, the key was that the winger had lost his place in the France squad and was hoping to reclaim it by impressing on Merseyside.
    He nearly scored an overhead kick on his debut, against Sunderland, but didn't - and that was about it, as far as Diomede's Liverpool career was concerned.
  2. EL HADJI DIOUF | From Lens | £10m | 2002

    A waste of money and space, El Hadji Diouf embarrassed himself on and off the field during his time at Anfield.
    “He's the only Liverpool No.9 ever to go through a whole season [2003-04] without scoring,” former Reds defender Jamie Carragher pointed out. “He’s the biggest turkey I’ve ever seen on a football pitch! He was always the last one to get picked in training."
    However, the reason why Diouf is such an infamous signing is that during a UEFA Cup clash with Celtic at Parkhead, he spat at one of the home fans. Shamefully, it wouldn't be the last time the Senegalese would disgrace himself in such fashion.
  3. SEAN DUNDEE | From Karlsruher | £2m | 1998

    Sean Dundee retains a cult-like status among Liverpool fans old enough to remember one of the worst players ever to represent the club. Signed to provide cover for the injured Robbie Fowler, the South African didn't even come close to challenging Karl-Heinz Riedle or Michael Owen for a starting berth.
    "One player I do regret signing was Sean Dundee," former manager Roy Evans later confessed. "He was terrible on and off the pitch. He didn't take any notice of me, did what he wanted and lacked discipline. He certainly shouldn't have joined Liverpool."
  4. MILAN JOVANOVIC | From Standard Liege | Free | 2010

    Milan Jovanovic was Rafa Benitez's parting gift to Liverpool, a Serbia international who had signed a pre-contract agreement with the Reds before the Spaniard's dismissal.
    After his belated arrival, Jovanovic stated: "It’s hard for me to tell the fans what I can bring to the team." Perhaps that was because even he realised that he offered nothing.
    The former Standard Liege star scored zero goals in 10 Premier League appearances before returning to Belgium just 12 months later to join Anderlecht.
  5. ROBBIE KEANE | From Tottenham | £18m | 2008

    Robbie Keane's embarrassingly short stay at Anfield wasn’t all his fault. Clearly, the Irishman underperformed, failing to score his first goal until October. However, his cause was hardly aided by Rafa Benitez's obvious unhappiness that Keane had been signed ahead of his No.1 summer transfer target, Gareth Barry.
    Therefore, it seemed to some that Keane had become a pawn in Benitez's power struggle with the board. "I'm sorry to say this, but Rafa is messing with Robbie's head,” former Reds striker John Aldridge lamented.
    A parting of the ways was inevitable and Keane returned to Tottenham in January - just six months after joining his “childhood club" – and at a loss of £7m.
  6. PAUL KONCHESKY | From Fulham | £3m | 2010

    Paul Konchesky still insists that he "enjoyed every minute" of his short stay at Liverpool but the left-back was on the receiving end of so much criticism that his mother felt compelled to take to social media to defend her son.
    "To all you Liverpool scouse scum out there, never mind the cockney c**t, take a real look at your team, stop living off the past. The team are shit, if anyone’s made a mistake it’s the cockney c**t, never should have left Fulham."
    Unsurprisingly, Konchesky left on loan in January 2011 before being sold to Leicester at the end of the season.
  7. TORBEN PIECHNIK | From FC Copenhagen | £0.5m | 1992

    Graeme Souness made several dreadful signings as he went about destroying Liverpool during his three-year stint as manager and Torben Piechnik was among the worst.
    In Souey’s defence, the defender had looked a fine man-marker during Denmark's triumphant Euro '92 campaign but he proved anything but during his debut against Aston Villa, when he was given the run-around by former Reds striker Dean Saunders.
    Things never got any better for Piechnik, who never played for Liverpool again after being taken off at half-time in a chastening 3-0 loss to Newcastle in which Andy Cole scored a hat-trick inside the opening 30 minutes.
    "Torben’s biggest problem was he didn’t want to listen," fellow Dane and Reds legend Jan Molby later revealed. 



Goal Live Scores
By Goal.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten