Skip to main content

Messi, Neymar and Mbappe joined by Lukaku in top 10 as world’s 100 most valuable footballers revealed

The Manchester United striker surprisingly pipped the likes of Antoine Griezmann, Paul Pogba and Cristiano Ronaldo in the list of players from Europe's top five leagues

KYLIAN MBAPPE is the most valuable footballer in the world while Romelu Lukaku is worth more than Antoine Griezmann, Paul Pogba and Cristiano Ronaldo.
That is according to CIES Football Observatory's algorithm which has calculated the transfer value of the players in Europe's top five leagues.
Kylian Mbappe is the world's most valuable footballer according to CIES Football Observatory's algorithm
Kylian Mbappe is the most valuable footballer in the world while team-mate Neymar is third
Mbappe - who turned 20 last month - unsurprisingly leads the way in the list of the top 100 with a value of £196.1million.
He enjoyed a stellar 2018, winning the domestic treble with Paris Saint-Germain and of course helping France win the World Cup.
The rest of the top five is made up of Harry Kane, Neymar, Raheem Sterling and Mohamed Salah.
Paulo Dybala's inclusion at sixth may raise a few eyebrows, especially with five-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi in seventh - still worth more than £150m.
Of the players in the 21-40 category, 13 ply their trade in the Premier League
Manchester City wingers Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling both make the top ten with Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus not far behind
Romelu Lukaku was calculated as eighth on the list ahead of some of football's best players
But it is Lukaku's in eighth that is most shocking of the top names, with the algorithm calculating his worth at £145.3m.
Philippe Coutinho has endured a difficult first year at Barcelona but comes in ninth while Manchester City winger Leroy Sane completes the top ten.
The Premier League has 12 of the top 20 players, with Dele Alli, Pogba and Eden Hazard all ahead of Ronaldo in 19th - the Juventus forward is worth £114.1m, £15m more than what the Old Lady paid for him in the summer.
CIES uses a complex method of working out how much a player is worth, taking into consideration 2,241 transfers over the past eight seasons as well as variables such as age, position, league, contract length and nationality.
Not many would say Eric Dier is worth more than John Stones in today's transfer market
Liverpool's front three of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino have a combined transfer value of £419.2million
He may be the best paid Juventus player but Cristiano Ronaldo is not the most valuable at the club
Trent Alexander-Arnold - one of 11 English players - is surprisingly high with an estimated value of £105.1m, £4m more than fellow youngster Jadon Sancho.
But Bernardo Silva in 16th at £119.5m, Eric Dier's £72.8m placing him 46th and Granit Xhaka at 82nd worth £56.4m are certainly the main shocks.
At the other end of the scale, Kevin De Bruyne can feel aggrieved with his value of £85.8m placing him 30th, as can Alex Sandro who - at £51.9m - finds himself 94th on the list.
But the biggest shock of all is Raphael Varane's lowly placement.
Raphael Varane being ranked 73rd is the most shocking revelation of the top 100
English pair Trent Alexander-Arnold and Jadon Sancho both made the top 30
Cristiano Ronaldo keeps fit during winter break in family gym session with Georgina Rodriguez and Cristiano Jr
The Champions League and World Cup winner, widely considered one of the best defenders in the world, is way down at 73rd on the list.
His transfer value is estimated to be just £61.3m - the same as Naby Keita and £1.7m less than Chelsea flop Alvaro Morata.
Some of the notable omissions from the list are Real Madrid star and Ballon d'Or winner Luka Modric and Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea.
Manuel Neuer, Edinson Cavani, Marcelo, Alexis Sanchez and Lazio prodigy Sergej Milinkovic-Savic all miss out as well.
Chelsea newboy Christian Pulisic is apparently worth just £1.1m more than Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka
Rapahel Varane is somehow worth the same as Naby Keita and less than Eric Dier and Alvaro Morata
Luka Modric is the biggest name to miss out on the list with David De Gea and Edinson Cavani also omitted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten