Skip to main content

Trouble for Liverpool as Manchester United get extra boost ahead of Premier League clash


Manchester United attacking duo Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard could return early from injury to face Liverpool this weekend, according to reports. The pair came off injured in United’s 2-0 home defeat against PSG in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie last Tuesday.

United interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had predicted his forwards would be sidelined for “two to three weeks”. However, The Mirror report the pair could make swifter returns to the side and play in the crunch clash against Liverpool on Sunday.

Martial is sidelined with a groin problem which forced him to be taken off at half-time against PSG. While Lingard suffered a hamstring problem that also saw him miss the second half. Both men will miss tonight’s FA Cup fifth round clash against holders Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. The injuries could allow out of sorts Alexis Sanchez and out of favour Romelu Lukaku to get a start – while Marcus Rashford could also shift wide.

Although Martial and Lingard will be out of tonight’s cup tie, Solskjaer will be desperate to have the pair fit for the Liverpool clash at Old Trafford. Manchester United are currently fourth on the Premier League table, one point above Chelsea and Arsenal – while rivals Liverpool are trailing champions Man City only on goal difference, but with a game in hand.

Old Trafford supporters would like nothing less than to ruin Liverpool’s chances of a first league title in 29 years. Manchester City do not play on the weekend, meaning a win for Jurgen Klopp’s men will restore their lead at the top.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had confirmed that Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard will miss out on Manchester United’s clashes with Chelsea and Liverpool due to injury sustained during the Champions League clash against PSG. The two Red Devils stars will miss out on some crucial matches in the weeks ahead.

One possible replacement named was 17-year-old striker Mason Greenwood but the youngster is also injured, preventing him from making his debut in their stead. “I think they’ll be out for two-to three weeks,” Solskjaer said of the two. “Then you’re looking at young players, Mason Greenwood, it’s your time to step in, and he’s injured unfortunately, out for a couple of weeks as well. Sometimes that’s how the luck goes but Mason will get his chance.”

Lingard was forced out of the 2-0 defeat to PSG late in the first half, replaced by a relatively ineffective Alexis Sanchez in stoppage time. Solskjaer himself said there was little he could do to help the struggling Chilean, who failed to make an impact in his appearance. Martial, meanwhile, was removed at halftime after carrying an injury through the first half, as Solskjaer was forced into making two changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten