Skip to main content

Inseparable Manchester United duo Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard soak up the sun on Miami Beach as they take time off ahead of new season

The season may be over but Manchester United duo Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard are still in each other's pockets as they rest-up ahead of the new season.

The inseparable England forwards were finally able to enjoy a bit of downtime on the Floridian coast following their exploits with the Three Lions earlier this month in the Nations League.

The tournament, hosted in Portugal, extended their already arduous 2018-19 season, but despite spending the best part of a year together, the close friends still couldn't part ways as they took time out for photographs on Miami Beach.

Jesse Lingard (L) and Marcus Rashford (R) remain inseparable even during their summer break

The duo are in Miami recuperating following their time with England in the Nations League

Rashford wore a Golden State Warriors top as he hung out with friends across the Atlantic

Rashford wore a Red Icon cap and a Golden State Warriors top in the wake of their NBA Finals defeat to Toronto Raptors as he spent time with friends.  

A rest is more than deserved for the Red Devils academy products following a 12 month period that started with a World Cup run to the semi-finals in Russia, was interspersed by a miserable campaign at Old Trafford and concluded with further disappointments in Portugal.

Rashford, 21, showed glimpses of his potential during the campaign - notably scoring the winning penalty against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League last-16 - and despite tailing off along with the rest of his team-mates as the season fizzled out, he is attracting interest from some of Europe's big hitters.

Indeed, according to the Sun, United are considering offering the forward a £350,000 per week contract to ward off the attentions of Real Madrid and Barcelona. 

United are set for a summer of change under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the Norwegian bids to make his mark at Old Trafford.

He will be keen for both Lingard and Rashford to make the most of their off-season rest as the duo are likely to become key figures next term. The former Cardiff boss is bidding to establish a United core, while others like Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez face uncertainty. 

Both players have faced a long year that started with the World Cup and concluded last week

Rashford and Lingard's domestic season was a disappointment with Manchester United

Solskjaer has shown a willingness to give young players a chance, in the same way both Rashford and Lingard were afforded opportunities to cement their first team statuses.

And Lingard believes United's young talents will have an important role to play this season. 

'I definitely think you'll see more of the kids next season,' the 26-year-old told BT Sport this week.

'It will be more of the crop that have been involved – Mason (Greenwood), (Angel) Gomes, (Tahith) Chong... Those that have played are really exciting. They can give the fans energy, and the team can feed off that.

'Everyone wants there to be a mix. But we need to get the right players around the young players so they can perform. 

I'm sure Solskjaer will be looking to do that and of course the young players are all part of his plans.'

Lingard believes youngsters like Angel Gomes (L) and Tahith Chong (R) have a big role to play

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten