Skip to main content

You won’t believe what Messi said after Argentina’s 2-0 loss against Colombia


It was another sad day for Lionel Messi on the international scene as his country Argentina lost to Colombia 2-0 in theor opening game of the on going Copa America which is held in Brazil. After the game, Messi sends message to his teammates and the entire nation claiming there is no time for Argentina to complain after their shock loss to their first opponent in the tournament Colombia.

In the continuation of his reaction, the Barcelona captain believes the Albiceleste are still in control of their destiny after a disappointing loss in their tournament opener something most fans will slightly disagree due to how they played the game.

After an unexciting first half with both teams failing to find the net as tackles were just flying in,  Argentina went down after the break to two well taken goals by Colombia. Two substitutes got the goals for Carlos Queiroz led team. Roger Martinez opened the scoring with an unstoppable drive in the 72nd minute before substitute Duvan Zapata finished off a good team move with four minutes of the game remaining.

Despite the setback for Argentina in their first game, the Blaugrana’s forward still believes there is time for his country to turn things around in the tournament as he seeks for a first international title with Argentina.

“There are positives to come out of this, we are ready to accept the challenge that we have,” Messi said after the game. “There is no time to complain, we have to look ahead, we have to raise our heads and continue, there’s still a lot of the tournament left.

“They kept the ball well but didn’t create clear opportunities, but when we took a step forwards in the second half they scored a goal. “When we were playing at our best, they scored a great goal and it cost us.”

Messi also spoke on behalf of the Argentine squad claiming that his team will learn from the defeat, their first in regular time in the competition since going down do Brazil in 2007.

“We’ll take it as a lesson for the upcoming games. We continue to depend on ourselves. “It’s not easy to start with a loss, but if we beat Paraguay, we go back to a comfortable situation.”

The Albiceleste’s game against Paraguay is on June 19, and they finish their Group B campaign with a match against Copa America invitees Qatar. Messi has seen his country advance to the final in the last two editions of the tournament. In each match they were defeated by Chile on penalties.

Head coach Lionel Scaloni was angry at the state of the pitch in the Fonte Nova Arena in Salvador: “I found the state of the pitch regrettable, it was the first match there, I don’t want to imagine what will happen from here onwards. “It leaves a lot to be desired for these players to play there.”

The stadium is scheduled to host four more games in the tournament, including a quarter-final that may feature Argentina if they go through as the best third-place team from Group A or B.

Do you agree with Messi that Argentina will bounce back in this competition after their awful performance against Colombia?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten