Skip to main content

Customs officer shoots NURTW member over bag of rice๐Ÿ˜“


A yet to be idetified officer of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Oyo/Osun command has allegedly shot a member of the proscribed National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in Oyo State. https://supersage.io/n/56206db9

DAILY POST gathered on Saturday that the incident occurred at Moniya park in Iseyin town, one of the towns in Oyo State, Friday evening.

It was learnt that the officer shot the executive member of the proscribed NURTW, identified as Mr. Lateef Aboki at the Moniya park in Iseyin.

The said officer was among three others in mufti and in a private Lexus Jeep.

They were said to have gone to the park while chasing a public transport vehicle to the park on suspicion of the vehicle carrying a bag of foreign rice.

The customs officers immediately left the scene when Aboki was hit by a bullet.

Aboki was later rushed to an undisclosed hospital for treatment.

The Lexus Jeep belonging to the Customs Officer has been towed to the Police station in Iseyin by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in the town for further investigation, DAILY POST learnt on Saturday.

DAILY POST gathered that the shot NURTW member is responding to treatment at the hospital as of the time of filing this report on Saturday.

Head of the park, Mr Lateef Shittu, confirmed the incident to journalists on Saturday.

Shittu said that he got a call that one of his executive members was shot by a customs officer at the park.

He said that he immediately contacted the Divisional Police officer (DPO) in Iseyin, who got to the spot immediately to take control of situation before it degenerated to chaos.

Shittu said, “I was called around 4pm that some customs officers in mufti chased a vehicle which they believed was carrying a bag of rice to our park and in the process, hit one of our buses.

“They were asked to identify themselves as they wore no uniform and were in a private Lexus Jeep and instead of doing that, they started shooting, unfortunately one of the bullets hit one of my executive members, named Lateef Aboki in the chest.

“We thank God that he is responding to treatment and we also call on the authority to warn the Nigerian Customs officers to apply decorum and professionalism when doing their job.

“The vehicle they chased did not carry any rice when they eventually searched it, why chasing vehicles with private vehicle and in mufti? Do they even need to chase vehicles in the town and be shooting when they know there are many people walking by or those unknowingly driving by”.

However, all efforts made by DAILY POST to get reaction of the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Oyo/Osun Command of the NIS, Mr. Abdullah Lagos proved to be abortive as several calls made through his telephone lines were not answered.

Similarly, an SMS sent to Mr. Lagos by DAILY POST reporter, asking him for reaction has not been replied as of the time of filing this report on Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what is the most frightening thing that you have ever seen happen in life

It’s a man looking over his family during the British Raj in India. There were many cases of cannibalism and he feared someone would try to kill and eat his children or wife. I acknowledge this is a difficult picture to look at— but I included it for a reason. Many people in the US/West aren’t even aware of the terrible famines that swept through India and which are comparable to the holocaust in deaths (an estimated ~30 million people have died in famines in India). This was taken from the Great Famine of 1876–1878, which was far worse than the infamous Bengal Famine. It was caused by a crop failure/drought and was exacerbated by the crown’s export of wheat abroad. In total, 5.6 - 9 million people died (it’s hard to get exact figures). And within huge statistics like these, are forgotten stories. These are individuals and families, who slowly faced the despair of knowing they had no food and would have no food in the near future. They faced the horror of knowing there was

WHAT A HUSBAND TOLD HIS WIFE THE NIGHT OF THEIR MARRIAGE/ WEDDING

My wife, everyone has gone home. The music is quiet, the celebration is over. Our wedding was beautiful but it is now in the past. We have finished the wedding/marriage, it is now time to build our marriage. All that is left now is the two of us… What we will become tomorrow, starts from tonight. Our life is no longer the same. There was a day you put on one red dress… You looked so beautiful in it. That Day I wanted to just touch you! We were in the Cinema and I was so tempted. I wanted to just take you inside the toilet and kiss you but I couldn’t. Guess what? Now I have you forever, I can do that everyday. Before I take off your cloth and make love to you… let me tell you few things. I have nothing to hide from you from this day. My phone, you can use it like your own. You can access my facebook, my twitter and my Instagram From today, I have become a child. For the past five years of my life, I have been a man. I wake myself up in the morning, sometimes I go to bed hung

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ This life moment

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know crewhat I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? You know  I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten